StreamText.Net is a service that includes StreamText.Net and StreamTextLegal services provided to you and all persons or entities using your Account, subject to the terms of this Agreement. Users who violate the terms of this Agreement will be immediately terminated from access to the Website and will have their account canceled.
SCHEDULING AN EVENT OR UPLOADING A DOCUMENT OR SAVING A DOCUMENT WITH STREAMTEXT.NET CONSTITUTES YOUR COMPLETE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE STREAMTEXT.NET SERVICE.
You agree that you will not transmit or upload any Content to the Website that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party. You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on the Website without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark. You agree that you will not reengineer or copy any of the functions or features of the StreamText.Net platform.
You and any user of your Account must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. StreamText.Net shall not be responsible for any Content broadcast though the StreamText.Net platform. StreamText.Net does not pre-screen or monitor all Content as a matter of policy, but StreamText.Net shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content which is deemed in the sole discretion of StreamText.Net harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement or any rules that StreamText.Net has in place at the time. StreamText.Net may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or none of the events for adherence to this Agreement or the rules set out by StreamText.Net.
Protecting the privacy of our users is of utmost importance to StreamText.Net. User information is used to customize our web page content for individual users, and in some cases, to allow users to invite others via email. StreamText.Net will limit the collection and use of subscriber information to the minimum amount required. This information includes:
- Users name
- User's email address
- Transcript of StreamText event
- By Default transcript data is not retained. A StreamText cusomter has to specifically select this option when the event is scheduled.
Discussions and activities streamed through StreamText.Net events may be monitored at the discretion of StreamText.Net.
StreamText.Net will take reasonable measures not to disclose the contents of the users communications unless it is required to release this information by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or to comply with legal process served on StreamText.Net.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of StreamText.Net or to enforce or to further the application or the intent of the terms of the subscriber's agreement with StreamText.Net; or
- Protect the personal safety of StreamText.Net participants.
StreamText does not analyze, sell to third parties or perform any data analysis on any retained data. The retained data is only for the use of StreamText account holders.
RIGHT TO ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE PERSONAL DATA
- Right to Access. Individual Customers have the right to know what Personal Data about them is included in the databases and to ensure that such Personal Data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which StreamText.Net collected it. Individual Customers may review their own Personal Data stored in the databases and correct, erase, or block any data that is incorrect, as permitted by applicable law and StreamText.Net policies. Upon reasonable request , StreamText.Net allows Individual Customers access to their Personal Data, in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. Individual Customers may edit their Personal Data by logging into their account profile or by contacting StreamText.Net by phone or email. In making modifications to their Personal Data, Data Subjects must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. To request erasure of Personal Data, Individual Customers should submit a written request StreamText.Net office.
- Requests for Personal Data. StreamText.Net will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the Personal Data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from the Data Subject. If StreamText.Net receives a request for access to his/her Personal Data from an Individual Customer, then, unless otherwise required under law or by contract with such Individual Customer, StreamText.Net will refer such Data Subject to the Individual Customer.
- Satisfying Requests for Access, Modifications, and Corrections. StreamText.Net will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate Personal Data.
1. Store user settings of the caption player. These are persisted for 12 months and updated each time the player is used. If cookies are disabled the player will work but the user will need to adjust the settings as needed.
2. Authentication. When users log into StreamText cookies are set at the session level. They are not persisted on the web browser and are used only for authentication for StreamText .
3. Google Analitics. StreamText does use google tracking ids for analitics. To ensure that this is GDPR compliant we have enabled IP Anonymization. The data from Google Analitics is used for tracking usage metrics for the service.
The only cookies that are needed to use the platform are the session level authentication cookies. However this is only for users that are authenticating to view either the StreamText feed or access the streamtext portal.
Data Rights for Those in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK) and Switzerland
If you reside in the EEA, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, our use of your personal information is governed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR” or applicable EEA, UK or Swiss national laws. These grant you particular rights in your personal information, including the right to alter, correct, receive, or delete personal information processed by EAF, subject to our business interests and any legal requirements we may face.
Those in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
Data Request and Rights
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights under applicable data protection laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may contact your country’s data protection authority.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us at email@example.com and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Data Transfers to the United States
The StreamText.Net platform may process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may store and access your personal information in the U.S. The U.S. may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as enjoyed in your home jurisdiction.
It may occur that a third-party based in the EU, such as your employer, may need to transfer personal information to us for the purpose of verifying your participation in a class. In such instances, whenever your personal data is transferred to countries outside of the EAA, UK or Switzerland, we will ensure that at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- The country is one that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- The transfer is subject to a specific derogation in the GDPR or national laws;
- Through the use the standard contractual clauses as the transfer mechanism when a case-by-case analysis has been performed; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data substantially similar protection as in the UE, EEA or UK.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can also email us at any time if your personal information changes, or you want to opt-out of email communication, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (US) 608-234-4759.
GDPR Standard Contractual Clauses
If you are located in the European Economic Area or will be sharing with StreamText.Net information on individuals residing in the European Economic Area, you further agree to the Standard Contractual Clauses (Controller to Processor) available here: Standard Contractual Clauses for GDPR data transfers if your located in the United Kingdom you will also need to further agree to INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER ADDENDUM TO THE EU COMMISSION STANDARD CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly agree that use of StreamText.Net and the Website is at your own risk. StreamText.Net and all affiliates shall not be responsible for any content found on the Website or broadcast using StreamText.Net services. StreamText.Net and all affiliates expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Additionally, StreamText.Net and all affiliates make no warranty that
- The StreamText.Net and StreamText Legal streaming services or website will meet your requirements;
- The StreamText Legal Document Management services or website will meet your requirements;
- The StreamText.Net streaming services or website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free;
- Any results may be obtained from the use of the StreamText.Net streaming services or website; and/or
- Any information obtained through the StreamText.Net and StreamText Legal streaming services or website will be accurate or reliable.
- Any results may be obtained from the use of the StreamText Legal Document Management services or website; and/or
- Any information obtained through the StreamText Legal Document Management services services or website will be accurate or reliable.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the StreamText.Net and StreamText Legal services or website shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
You understand and agree that any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results in the download of such content. You understand and agree that copyright laws protect any copyrighted material that you download or otherwise obtain through the use of the Website and regulations and that downloading and/or using copyrighted material in an illegal manner could result in lawsuits, damages, or other sanctions against you.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible under the applicable law, StreamText.Net and all affiliates shall not be liable for any damages arising out of the use of the Website service, including any damages from viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Website service and including any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use the Website, or for the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, or resulting from any goods or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the Website, or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of profits, use, data, or other intangible properties, even if StreamText.Net and all affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Termination of Account
You or StreamText.Net may terminate your Account at any time for any reason. Once your Account is terminated, you cannot access the Website in any manner or for any reason, and you cannot assist in enabling a terminated user access to the Website using or via your Account.
StreamText.Net charges for usage and our latest pricing is listed here.
Full payment is due 30 days after date of invoice. You agree that late charges will be payable when an account is 30 days past due (60 days from date of invoice). Late charges will be calculated on the 1st day of the month at the rate of $10 per month or 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month (18% annual percentage rate), whichever is greater, until payment in full. The following formula is used to calculate the late fee [Number of days past due * balance due * 0.18 / 365] You will be separately invoiced for late charges and all late charges will appear on subsequent regular statements. Service may be suspended in the event of late payment or nonpayment. In the event of collection, you agree to pay all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees.
Other account users
In cases where you have authorized or registered another individual, to use your Account, you recognize and agree that you are fully responsible for:
- The online conduct of such user at the Website;
- Controlling the user's access to and use of the Website; and
- The consequences of any misuse.
You further recognize and agree that the holder of the Account is entirely responsible for all activities conducted through such Account.
StreamText.Net reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time, and you should periodically review this Agreement to determine the conditions to which you are bound. The opinions expressed by users in any of the events are not necessarily those held by StreamText.Net.